Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where is Document Title when using PrintOptions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where is Document Title when using PrintOptions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carneno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is Document Title when using PrintOptions
    Posted: 19 Apr 11 at 7:03PM
Hello,

I'm developing a VB 6.0 printing program using QuickPDF Library 7.24.

I'm trying to understand the PrintDucument sub routine from this post: http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/propper-usage-of-quickpdf-in-visual-basic-6_topic595.html

If the PrintDocument function suggests using the PrintOptions function to get the options parameter and the PrintOptions function asks for a Document Title as a parameter, where is the Document Title for a newly created document?

How do I get the Document Title of a document after I just made the connection to QuickPDF and did not create a NewPage?

In that post, where does "PDF output" come from?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Edited by Carneno - 20 Apr 11 at 12:54AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 11 at 8:17PM
Hi Tony!

I THINK that document title while printing is the title you can see if you're opening your printer to see what are the current jobs running.
The "other" document title you're asking for (...after connection to QuickPDF...) is an attribute which COULD be maintained for the document. These attributes are title, author, creator, subject, and so on. These attributes can be empty, too. It's not a must to put something in.
All pdf-output comes from (inside) QuickPDF. There's no need to install any pdf-reader.
Right after your (...connection to QuickPDF...) you won't see any attributes (where should they come from?). You have to load a file first ...

try
    QP := TQuickPDF0723.Create;
    try
       QP.UnlockKey('MyKey');
       fexist := QP.LoadFromFile(FName);
//     . . .
    finally
       QP.Free; 
    end;

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

BTW: It should be a must to read the online reference:
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/help/quickpdf/FunctionGroups.php
There you can find samples and another knowledgebase, too.

Carneno View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carneno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 11 at 10:30PM
Hello Ingo.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm still unsure about this.

If I want to do this:
    ' Print document
    Printeroptions = QP.PrintOptions(0, 0, "PDF output")
    PrintResult = QP.PrintDocument(PrintDevice, 1, QP.PageCount, Printeroptions)

and i have not loaded a document, I just want to print the document I created and added pages to, then where would I get "title of document" to put into the PrintOptions function?

Thanks,
Tony

Edited by Carneno - 20 Apr 11 at 1:10AM
Stop The World, I want To Get Off.
Carneno View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carneno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 11 at 2:18PM
Well, my printing works, but i just don't understand how to use the PrinterOptions function.  What it does and how you get the title of the document.

Is there some kind of QuickPDF manual that explains those kinds of things?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 11 at 1:42PM
Try the online reference.
As title in printoptions you can use whatever you want.

Cheers, Ingo
Carneno View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carneno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 11 at 2:32PM

I'm sorry Ingo.

My skills at interpreting reference material is not what it should be.

I did not see that it was simply a name that you could give to your print job.

Thanks again for all of your help and support with these problems that I am having.

Tony
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic