Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using PDFium renderer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using PDFium renderer
    Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 8:33PM
Hello,

I'm trying to use new PDFium renderer with C++ DLL version of Quick PDF library.
SetPDFiumFileName always returns 0. To ensure the path is specified correctly, I called SetCairoFileName with the name of the same PDFium DLL, and the function succeeded.
What is the correct way modifying the renderer?

Thanks,
Natalia.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 9:03PM
Hi Natalia,

this is from the reference guide:
If PDFium is used, the SetPDFiumFileName function should be used to set the path to the DPLPDFium DLL, either 32-bit or 64-bit as appropriate.
Second should be SelectRenderer:
http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/SelectRenderer.php
If this doesn't succeed then there's a prob with your pdfium-installation i think.

If you'll succeed it would be kind posting a "first steps using PDFium-renderer" into the samples section ;-)

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Natalia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 9:10PM
Thanks Ingo,
Do I have to install PDFium, or it is enough to copy QPL1311PDFium64.dll, and set PDFium file name in the application?
In my environment setting file name always fails, setting renderer seems to succeed even without setting file name, but, as far as I understood, default renderer is used anyway.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 16 at 10:00PM
on a 64-bit-system the 64-bit-dll should be in the system32-path.
on a 64-bit-system the 32-bit-dll should be in the syswow64-path.
on a 32-bit-system the 32-bit-dll should be in the system32-path.
Please be sure to use the QuickPDF-64-bit-dll as well.

Cheers,
Ingo

Natalia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 16 at 2:27PM
I don't think my problem is in the path. I tried specifying the full path, place the DLL in the working folder or System32, it did not make any difference. When I call SetCairoFileName with the same DLL on the same location, the function succeeds.
My test app is simple 64 bit app running on 64  bit Windows 2012 R2, all DLLs are 64 bit.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 16 at 6:35PM
Perhaps it makes sense to post the relevant code part?
Another idea:
If the cairo call works then cairo files and installation is okay.
If the pdfium call doesn't work then ... ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

Natalia View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 16 at 3:27PM
I asked Debenu support the same question. They answered that the PDFium DLL is the release version is corrupted.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 16 at 8:57PM
good to hear for me and all the other ones:
Debenu support is online again :)

Cheers,
Ingo

BobCave View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobCave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 16 at 3:48PM
Originally posted by Natalia Natalia wrote:

I asked Debenu support the same question. They answered that the PDFium DLL is the release version is corrupted.

Did the support folks tell you how to get a valid PDFium DLL?  We downloaded v13 last week, and I am having the same problem when I call SetPDFiumFileName().  
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 16 at 5:24PM
Probably the next version - (what else) will offer a new version.
So stay tuned.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic