Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thread safe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thread safe?
    Posted: 31 Aug 09 at 1:57PM
I'm evaluating the Delphi version of QuickPDF. Is the library thread-safe?. Can I use it in a multithreaded server?
hbarclay View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbarclay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 09 at 3:37PM
I don't know the answer to your question, it would be good to have a definitive answer from someone who knows. I do see two references to threading in the help file for Encrypting & Decrypting files.

"The progress of the decryption can be monitored by checking the size of the destination file in a separate thread."
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 09 at 2:13PM
Hi Guys,

Usually when the phrase "thread safe" is used it means that the same instance of the library can be accessed by different threads at the same time. This means that Quick PDF Library is not thread safe because a single instance of Quick PDF Library can only be accessed by the thread that created the instance. 

However, Quick PDF Library can be used in a multithreaded environment so long as a separate instance of the library is created by each thread.

For users of the ActiveX edition of the library, please note that this version has been compiled with the threading mode set to "single threaded apartment".

I hope this helps clear things up. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic