Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silent install?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silent install?
    Posted: 29 Nov 10 at 3:42PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to install QuickPDF along with my application that uses it. Does QuickPDF have a silent installation method?

Thank you,
Ryan
Paddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 10 at 7:20AM
I just distribute the DLL file for Quick PDF along with my, so no silent installation is required. I don't believe that you need to install the exe for Quick PDF, just extract the files you need from Program Files/Quick PDF Library and install those along with your application.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 10 at 8:54AM
Hi Ryan!

Like Paddy told already...
Distributing the dll for the application path of your installation-package should be silent enough and it works ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

ryan.cole View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 10 at 4:35PM
Originally posted by Ingo Ingo wrote:

Hi Ryan!

Like Paddy told already...
Distributing the dll for the application path of your installation-package should be silent enough and it works ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

Hmm. I've tried this every which way, and I continue to get an error saying the associated DLL Class ID is invalid.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 10 at 12:36PM
Hi Ryan!

What version of the dll you're using?
Take the "normal" dll and it will work like described above.

Cheers and Merry Christmas to you and your family
Ingo
ryan.cole View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 10 at 3:31PM
I'm using QuickPDFDLL0723.dll. I must be doing something else wrong, then. I'm doing this with Delphi 2009. I have copied the entire contents of the Delphi zip file to my Delphi imports path, and am using the .pas file provided in there.
ryan.cole View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 11 at 9:50PM
Hmm. I am still unable to make this work with just the DLL. I am using the TQuickPDF class, from the included QuickPDF.pas file. When I run the application on my development machine, where QuickPDF is installed, everything works fine. When I run the application on a deployment machine, where QuickPDF is not installed but I have the DLL available, I am given an error saying that the QuickPDF class is not registered. I am also unable to use regsvr32 on the DLL because that gives errors and doesn't seem to be an option.

Do you know if there is something else I need to be doing to get this to work?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 11 at 12:40AM
If you are using Delphi and including QuickPDF.pas in your project, you surely should not be calling or needing any DLL?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 11 at 7:25AM
Hi!

regsvr32 doesn't give errors. It's just the message that the QuickPDF-dll can't be registered ... like many other dlls, too. You're using the normal dll... try the activeX-version... perhaps this should be better for your needs.

Cheers, Ingo
Dimitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 11 at 1:06PM

Quick PDF Library is introduced in five principal editions:
- Source code;
- Compiled library (DCU, LIB);
- DLL;
- ActiveX;
- TCP/IP server.

You can use any edition with Delphi depending on your project requirements.
If you provide more information about project requitrements, including development and software environment information, we can try to propose you edition that most matches your needs.
Regards,
Dmitry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic