Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Printing pdf with images/annotations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ezeckiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing pdf with images/annotations
    Posted: 15 Jun 09 at 4:06PM
Hi, I'm a beginner with pdf so I don't know how pdf works internally.
I received a pdf from a partner, created with adobe I guess and I try to print it with QP lib.

I have an image that doesn't print... Or maybe it's not an image because when I execute FindImages it gives me 0. When I right-click on the image, adobe shows me the menu "open pop-up note". So i'm guessing its an annotation. I used SetAnnotContents for fun to set some text and the text changes. But annotations are not things you want to print anyway so I'm confused.

The pdf also have a form field and I know I have to use FlattenFormField for it to print.
Is there an equivalent function for image?

What you suggest me to do?

Thx

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 09 at 10:00PM
Hi!
If it's an image then it would be printed, too.
If you're writing about the small message boxes for annotations... This isn't an image. It's only a small note for the readers in front of the screen.
Cheers, Ingo
Ezeckiel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ezeckiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 09 at 2:47PM
Ok I figure out it is a stamp.
Anything I can do to be able to print it?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 09 at 3:03PM
Hi!

What's a stamp?
If it's a watermark or something like that and if it's visible (perhaps with transparency) then it's printable, too.
What about the other content of the page... was anything printed or nothing?
If "nothing": What's about the rights? Is printing not allowed?

Cheers, Ingo

Ezeckiel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ezeckiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 09 at 8:14PM
Like I said I don't know much about pdf. I just download a pdf editor, open my pdf and click on my "image". The editor tell me it's a stamp. Maybe it's a watermark, I don't know and that's what I'm trying to find. I look in quickpdf api and found nothing about watermark. I was hoping to find a count method to check if it found watermark on my pdf.

For my printing problem, everything prints except that sort of stamp/image/watermark.
Printing is allowed in security properties.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 09 at 6:23AM
Hi!

"Watermark" isn't a special pdf-word. You can write a short text in the corner of each page of your document to have a little bit protection and you can call this "watermark". You can implement a picture in the middle of each page with transparency and you can call this "watermark", too.
If your "thing" wasn't printed then i'm pretty sure that it's not a watermark or an image but something else.
If it's not possible four you to upload your document anywhere so that we can have a look on it then we should stop this thread now.

Cheers, Ingo

Ezeckiel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ezeckiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 09 at 6:53PM
I'd like to keep the pdf private to other users.
How can I send it to you?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 09 at 6:59PM
Hi!

You can send it to my email-adress.
You can find it here in the threads...

Cheers, Ingo
Ezeckiel View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ezeckiel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 09 at 8:41PM
I've sent an email to the general support email address... cause I haven't find your personal one.

For the images that aren't printed, I've open the pdf using NitroPDF and I look like a note with embedded image.
I really hope you can help me on this.

Cheers
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 09 at 9:58PM
Hi!

If it's an image in an annotation or comment then it won't be printed with any tool i think.

Cheers, Ingo

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 09 at 3:36PM
Hi!

I've got the file ...
The document is made from 9 layers ... perhaps merged.
The text is for several customers (not only w...m...) - so for w...m... the logo was inserted later and below there's a formfield for the special "filiale" i think.
I think the layer with the images are special protected by the used tool InDesign.
It's a very special case you have ;-)   You should stop thinking it over ... it won't happens often ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic