Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me get a Delphi 11 release of QuickPDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me get a Delphi 11 release of QuickPDF
    Posted: 21 Jul 23 at 4:53PM
I am upgrading from Delphi 7 to Delphi 11 and just found out today it appears FoxIt has dropped support for the QuickPDF library.
Is there anyway to get either the source code or if anyone has a version that was compiled for Delphi 11 that I can use to give me a buffer to switch to some other components? 

Does anyone know of any other Delphi 11 compatible components I could use to replace QuickPDF?

The only other4 solution I can think of is somehow write a wrapper around QuickPDF in Delphi 7 that can be used in Delphi 11. Any know if this is possible?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 23 at 6:43PM
I know of no way to get the version that supports Delphi 11 (QPDF 18.22), or the source, that would not involve asking a licensed user to breach their licence terms. There are several users here who purchased or upgraded to 18.22, without or with source, before the curtain came down on that show.

In theory you might be able use the DLL interface of the version you have now instead of the Delphi interface, but I think this would involve significant changes to your code, especially if your application currently uses multiple threads to call the library. 

You could probably start by making a list of all the Delphi functions that you currently use, and if this is not too many, create a Delphi 7 DLL that calls each one of them and returns its result, with an interface section that exposes all the functions which you can then call from your Delphi 11 application. Of course you also might need to define and handle all the string parameters specially, to get them across a DLL boundary and use them as Ansistrings in the function wrappers in the Delhi 7 DLL. But that depends on how you will be converting your Delphi 7 application to Unicode. Either way, a huge job.

As for an alternative, that depends on your application. Our applications mainly render PDFs, and we offer our users the choice of either QPDF or Winsoft's PDFIUM interface (both have different oddities for different types of PDF document) to do this, implemented in separate code branches. But I have not used the Winsoft product for creating and modifying PDFs, which we also need, so I do not know how well suited it would be for that; we only use QPDF for that task, now in Delphi 11 and hopefully still using the QPDF source we have for whatever follows it.  I have not looked at other Foxit offerings.

Perhaps other users here can tell you how they have used other techniques to resolve this problem. or might have other suggestions for alternatives. But in the latter case they may have already moved to another forum to discuss whatever they use now.

I hope this helps a little; and I wish you good luck!
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 23 at 6:30PM
Hi Wayne :) 

I've sent you an email... ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

Manfred View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 23 at 2:38PM
I have a source code version 13.11 working under XE8.
Does anybody know if and how this could be migrated to Delphi 11.3?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 23 at 7:48AM
Hi Manfred :) 

If you have any version of the source code AND Delphi 11.3 this couldn't be your question?
Compile it and perhaps with some changes it will work.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

Manfred View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 23 at 9:35AM
Hi Ingo,
Thanks for replying!
Unfortunately it will not compile and replacing VER290 by VER350 does not help...
Manfred

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 23 at 9:59PM
You'll get error messages from your Delphi 11.3 while compiling your sources...
What issues you couldn't solve?
Cheers,
Ingo

Manfred View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 23 at 8:04PM
Well - I gave up quite quickly after the first error messages and wrote to Leonardo_Martinelli@foxitsoftware.com asking for a paid update to the latest version working on Delphi 11 referring to my "Premium Upgrade Protection" . So far I have not received any answer. If I don't get a response by next week, I'll have to look for another solution. Maybe we should exchange e-mails in German - what do you think?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic