Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GetPageText function improvement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GetPageText function improvement
    Posted: 15 May 07 at 8:55AM
Hi all!

Please tell me, is it possible to add one option to ExtractOptions that will be return the same information as option 3 and list of coordinates of each letter in the line? It's would be help to search the position of each word(or letter) in the text.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 07 at 9:04AM
Dmitry!

It's one of the hardest you want.
Who wants to wait on such a function?
PDF doesn't save the positions of single letters - only the strings like they were inserted. Can you imagine how long a function will work in calculating with string-length, starting point, ending-point, font-height, font-width to get the position for single letters?  I won't use such a function for documents over two pages ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo

Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 07 at 11:02AM
Ok, Ingo. I see!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic