Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

where is getFillColor?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where is getFillColor?
    Posted: 01 Jun 12 at 5:12PM
I need to find out the current background color of a pdf document. There is a setFillColor function, but I can't find the setter. Is there such a thing or the white color is assumed to be the default background color unless changed?

Thanks
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 12 at 8:26PM
Hi Toran!

There isn't a get available.
Render the page to a thumbnail-jpg and then
check few pixels near the frame - so you can
get the color. Not a save method ;-)

Cheers, Ingo
toran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 12 at 3:06AM
Thanks, Ingo!

Interesting approach. :) Do you think that missing getter is because of Pdf specs ?
edvoigt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edvoigt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 12 at 11:02AM
Hi Toran,

that's no question of PDF-specifications. What you call the PDF-background does not exists as an single, well defined object. What is the background (and his color), if you fill it as half with any color and on the other half with an image?

So it can give only the answer for the question: which color has a pixel at position x,y? And inside this question is a parameter, the size (scale) used for rendering.

So what Ingo said is the only possible (but very unsure) approach. The problem is the question, not the answer.

Cheers,

Werner
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic