Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sections of a page are missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sections of a page are missing
    Posted: 05 Mar 12 at 5:29PM

Hello,

When my users try to view a PDF the pages are missing sections. That is when looking at a page it has blank bands going across the page. It’s sporadic and has no pattern.  I am currently using DARenderPageToDC which has been working great until this one PDF. The users can view other PDFs but this one does not display correctly. I can bring it up fine in Adobe reader. I have also tried exporting the pages out to an image file and looked at the images and they are missing sections of the page as well. Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?

Thanks in advance

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 12 at 8:19PM
I did see that once with an older version of QPDF (earlier than 7.25 I think, maybe 7.18 or 7.19). Haven't seen it since though. What version are you using?

Without a sample PDF and some example code though, there's not much hope for help though, but in this case you are also probably better off opening a support ticket at http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/support/support-query.php since this is just the user-user forum.

bmcdonald View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 12 at 8:22PM
Thanks for the reply. I am usng 8.13. I wish I could send the pdf but being they are patient medical charts I cannot. I will try the support ticket route. Thanks again.
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 1:04AM
If you could post some sample code, we could see if there is anything wrong there.

Are the PDF contents just images, or text/combination of text & images?

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 12 at 1:05AM
Also, are you generating the PDFs, or is another piece of software generating them?
bmcdonald View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 12 at 6:47PM
jpbro,

Another piece of software does generate the PDFs but I have not had any issues with any other PDFs and Adobe reader and ImageGear(I hate that product) can view the PDF okay. I am not sure how much of the code you would like to see but this is the command I am using to render the PDF:

Call m_qp.DARenderPageToDC(m_fh, m_currentPage.PageHandle, renderingDPI, picView.hdc)

In looking at the PDF I would say it looks like images embedded inside but I have not tried to pull any individual images out. I did render the page to an image file and the image still had white bands going across the page.

Thanks for your help on this
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 12 at 8:02PM
There's not much in the code you supplied to see a problem.

Have you tried using the non-DA methods for testing purposes to see if there is a difference?

Something like:

m_qp.LoadFromFile <FILENAME>
m_qp.RenderPageToDC renderingDPI 1, picView.hdc

To see if it suffers the same problem?

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 12 at 1:51PM

The PDF probably contains trnasparency or shading patterns.  We are currently adding support to the QPL renderer to render these images.
bmcdonald View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 12 at 6:54PM
Thanks for the update. Do you have an idea on when the features you mentioned will be available?

Thanks
bmcdonald View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 12 at 8:26PM
Something else strange as well. If I use the non-direct access methods it is a little better but only if I keep the DPI set to 120. Anything above this and I start to see slight white lines going across the page and the number of lines seem to increae with higher dpi settings. If I set it to below 120 I still see white lines going across the page but not as many as if I use a higher DPI. I could probably get away with using 120 but it is taking too long to switch between pages, about 3-4 seconds.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic