Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

default FormFieldBackgroundColor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: default FormFieldBackgroundColor
    Posted: 12 Apr 11 at 2:49PM
Hi,

In Acrobat I see that my formfield has default background color. How can I set this value with quickpdf lib?

Can I use FormFieldBackgroundColor with special value parameters?

Thanks
Jinux
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 11 at 6:52PM
please read in the online-reference
and in the samples
and in the knowledge base
of the official support pages.

Cheers, Ingo

jinux View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 11 at 3:43PM
What do you mean with your hints? Do you think that this is in one of the samples, knowledge base or support pages defined? I dont think therefore I come to the forum.
Cheers Jinux 
jinux View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 11 at 4:46PM
here for example the description of SeBackgroundColor:

Description

Sets the border color of the specified form field. The values of the color parameters range from 0 to 1, with 0 indicating 0% and 1 indicating 100% of the color.

If someone write 0% of a color we think that if we define 0 the color is not defined and the background is visible means transparent. If I set the color to 0, 0, 0 the background is white and this is not what I want.

Regards
Jinux

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 11 at 5:38PM
Hi Jinux!

What i mean is... first searching if anybody had this question before.
The other point is the online reference... what isn't there inside we won't know, too ;-)
With the colors it's similar to the RGB-values not with 0,0,0 up to 255,255,255 but with 0,0,0 up to 1,1,1.
0,0,0 is white and 1,1,1 is black (or the other way round... try it).
1,0,0 should be red and 0,1,0 should be green and ...

Cheers, Ingo

jinux View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 11 at 6:00PM
Hi Ingo,

thanks but now I come back to my question:
How is it possible to set the color to undefined?

Regards Jinux
Shotgun Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotgun Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 11 at 8:37PM
Jinux:

I think you want to turn the highlighting of form fields off???

Highlighting form fields property is:

SetFormFieldHighlightMode(Index As Long, NewMode As Long) As Long

Setting the NewMode to zero sets form highlighting to none.

If you want to see the form highlighting, etc but don't want a perceived backcolor, simply set the backcolor to the same color as the background of the PDF page, usually white.

Tom
jinux View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 11 at 7:49AM
Tom:
: but don't want a perceived backcolor, simply set the backcolor to the ...
This does not work because the formfields lay on different colored areas.

I need the option to set the default color because this is transparent.

Regards,
Jinux

jinux View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 11 at 8:03AM
SetFormFieldHighlightMode:
I set all Formfields to Mode 0 but nothing happened. The documentation does not explain what "highlight mode" means. I think it has nothing to do with background color.

Regards,
Jinux 
Shotgun Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotgun Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 11 at 3:44PM
Jinux:

Regarding Highlighting:

In Adobe Reader, Acrobat and many other PDF Readers you have the option of highlighting form fields to make it apparent to the user where fillable fields are located in a document.  Highlighting changes the background color of the field... much like if you were to highlight selected words in a .doc or .rtf file.

Since you've now explained you're looking for transparent background, highlighting is not your answer.

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic