Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Get what the rendered height of table row?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bpeikes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Get what the rendered height of table row?
    Posted: 28 Aug 23 at 2:52PM
Is there a way to get what the rendered height of a call to DrawTableRows would be, without actually rendering to the page? What I'm trying to do, is detect if a row would fit on a page because the table functionality won't split a row across pages. i.e. if a row has a cell with 400 lines, the library will not render the row across pages.

In order to render a cell with enough text that it won't fit on a page, I would need to split the the row into multiple rows, and the only way to be able to do this, would be to know before hand how many rows of text are available for rendering.

Specifically, what I want to do is to "wrap" the text in each cell based on the cell width. Then, as I add rows, I need to know how tall the row would be when rendered. If a row can't render on the current page, I would try to split the row up. To split the row up, I would need to know how many lines of text will fit into the the next table row (including borders, etc). Using that information, I can tell how to split the text across multiple rows.
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 23 at 6:35PM
See my reply in your other topic. And from the DrawTableRows return value you can calculate the space left on the page to use for the first split of the next row, and pass this to DrawHTMLTextBox to find out where to split it.  All tedious work, but do-able.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic