Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ActiveX Error on DebenuPDFLibraryLite1114

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ActiveX Error on DebenuPDFLibraryLite1114
    Posted: 02 Jun 23 at 7:46PM
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me or give an advise. I register as a administrator the DLL DebenuPDFLibraryLite1114.dll with regsvr32 successfully but when run the sample vbs script like "hello-world.vbs" i got following error message back:

..\hello-world.vbs(13, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'DebenuPDFLibraryLite1114.PDFLibrary'

The system is windows Server 2016 and 2019.

Any ideas ?!

Thanks for helping !

Best regards,
Marcus

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 23 at 9:30PM
Hi Marcus :) 

Here are two links...
Perhaps it could help or give you an idea:

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/need-help-using-pdflibrary-class_topic3643_post14497.html?KW=DebenuPDFLibraryLite+Register#14497

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/vbscript-loadfromfile-do-nothing_topic3919_post15738.html?KW=DebenuPDFLibraryLite+create+object#15738

Cheers,
Ingo

Marcus74 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 23 at 9:39PM
Hi Ingo :)

thanks for your reply and the 2 links -  unfortunately the links were not very helpful. I have no idea why the vbs samples are not working.

Best regards,
Marcus
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 23 at 10:51AM
One possible solution would be to run Process Monitor (PROCMON) from SysInternals.com, and filter on the string PDFLibrary. This will show you every attempt to read a file or registry entry containing this name, where it was looking for it, and the precise reason why it failed when it does. However (a) I have never used VB and know very little about it; and (b) if you are not familiar with PROCMON it can take time to learn, and if you have not mastered it you will see vast amounts of irrelevant output. So please feel free to ignore this suggestion if you wish! But if you are familiar with using PROCMON it might provide just a hint of why the attempt to access the library fails.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 23 at 9:33PM
Perhaps the directory of the dll is the problem...
or the path (with less rights) where you wanna do the creation...
or the pdf-file you wanna load has limited access rights?

In the past i had similar probs with a dll and ms office files using vba.
Perhaps with vbs it's similar?

If you're using vba (from ms access or excel for example) you should declare the functions as private and not public.
If you're using vba (from ms access or excel for example) the dll should be:
in the system32-path (32-bit-dll on 32-bit-system),
in the syswow64-path (32-bit-dll on 64-bit-system) or
in the system32-path (64-bit-dll on 64-bit-system).

Edited by Ingo - 08 Jun 23 at 9:40PM
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic