Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

size reduction and dpi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rweetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: size reduction and dpi
    Posted: 11 Feb 12 at 12:34AM
My client wants me to create images of a pdf at A4 size at 72dpi. The actual size of the pdf is A1 - any ideas about the best way to go about this?

Thanks
edvoigt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edvoigt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 12 at 6:02PM
Hi,

you have to do a small calculation before rendering. I do it only for width, assuming the format ist in source and target exactly DIN.

A1 is 594mm, A4 210 in the width. That means the size should go down by 210/594.

So we use this for SetRenderscale(210/594). I like this function!

After this a rendering with 72dpi should give an image with the right format (A4 at 72dpi).

This is: 210*72/25.4=595 pixels.

Resulting image should became 595x842

Cheers,
Werner

rweetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rweetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 12 at 3:13PM
thanks Werner. I'd missed this function! definatelt what we need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic