Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

JBIG2 support will be in 7.22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JBIG2 support will be in 7.22
    Posted: 18 Aug 10 at 8:23AM
Hi Guys,

I just thought you might like to know that the next version of Quick PDF Library will include JBIG2 support. We'll have a public beta ready in the next 1-2 weeks, perhaps sooner, that you can try out.

If you have any PDF files that use JBIG2 images that you'd like me to add to our repository of test files, please email it to rowan.hanna@debenu.com.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
Ruturaaj View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruturaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 4:13AM
This is really a good news and I'm looking forward to it. Just to add to that ... it will be really helpful if QP extends its support for HTML Tags. This will ease the process of making some typical PDF reports without much of PDF-styling effort.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 12:22PM
Glad to hear you're excited by this news. We'll also look at extending HTML tag support. Cheers!
ryan.cole View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 9:29PM
How do we know if a PDF uses JBIG2? I have a few PDFs that print out as blank documents when using QuickPDF and I had read that it may be because of JBIG2 support.

If this one does in fact contain JBIG2 then I will send it to you for testing.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 10:25PM
Open the PDF in notepad and then search for JBIG2. That usually does the trick (although, it won't pick up every instance of JBIG2 compression). But if you email the files to me I will check them out regardless of whether it's a JBIG2 related issue.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
ryan.cole View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan.cole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 10 at 3:33PM
Ah, yup. The file does indeed contain JBIG2 compressed images. This would be my problem.

In that case, I look forward to the beta in a few weeks with JBIG2 support. :)
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 10 at 7:58PM
Hi!

In a production environment you won't use Notepad to check for JBIG2 ;-)
Read the pdf-file-content into a stream/string and check the content with the Pos-syntax.
Here's a small sample (Delphi):

var fs           : TFileStream;
       textkomplett : String;
// . . .
   Edit1.Text := 'c:\temp\sample.pdf';
   textkomplett := '';
   fs := TFileStream.Create(Edit1.Text,fmOpenRead+fmShareDenyWrite);
   try
     SetLength(textkomplett,fs.Size);
     fs.Read(PChar(textkomplett)^,fs.Size);
   finally
     fs.Free;
   end;
// . . .
   Result := Pos('JBIG2', textkomplett);

Cheers, Ingo

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 10 at 8:36PM
Nice one Ingo -- much better than Notepad for a production environment. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic