Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

V. 7.14 fail to open the PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikle74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V. 7.14 fail to open the PDF
    Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 9:59AM
Hello,

My .NET 2008 QuickPDF v.7.14 based application fails to open the following file. RenderPageToVariant does not return correct image data for first page of this file. Second page gets rendered OK.

http://www.filex.bbconsult.co.uk/?id=kaAHiKAgb

Can you please check why this happens?

Regards,
Mick
DELBEKE View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 10:38AM
Hi mikle
I have  open your pdf with my pdf viewer (writen in vb6 with the activex 7.14) with no problem.
in my viewer, I use rendertodc
mikle74 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikle74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 11:03AM
So seems the problem is related to RenderPageToVariant. A bit strange - this function should work same as RenderToDoc... Perhaps someone of developers can comment this issue?
mikle74 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikle74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 11:05AM
Ah, you're Dev Team, sorry. I'll check render to DC however it looks a bit strange that I need to switch to another function to get the library working on some particular PDF file.. :)
mikle74 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikle74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 11:13AM
DELBEKE, can you please copy here your VB code that uses RenderToDC fucntion? I need it to get idea how to deal with device contexts.

Thanks,
Mick
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 09 at 10:35PM
Hi Mick!

It's here:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/topic933_post5182.html#5182
BTW: Use the search function (above) and you'll find a lot of source samples ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

DELBEKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 09 at 6:45AM
Hi Mikle

The RenderPageToVariant may return null chars in the data, nd the nul char, for some compilers is the end of a string. Perhaps it's the problem.
My title Dev Team Member is no longer valid. I have stopped my activity since Debenu begin to distribute it's new version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic