Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need PDF to PDF/A conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stemonik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need PDF to PDF/A conversion
    Posted: 08 May 09 at 4:54AM
Hi,
I am a fan of quickPdf and now I need to convert Pdf to PDF/A standard that now is required in my country;
There is a way for obtain PDF/A files with QuickPdf?
There are plans on this?
Another features I need is the FlatteningRemainingFields method that I have used with another tools; This flatten all the empty fields in the document without troubles (or FlatteningAllFields for flattening all fields, filled or not).
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Stefano Monterisi 
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 09 at 5:38AM
Hi Stefano!

Implementing functions regarding the PDF/A-specs isn't an easy thing.
Currently there isn't functionality in QuickPDF in this case.
What you can do is to bind the ghostscript-library into your projects. There are functions regarding PDF/A.
The hard way is to read the specifications (are online available) and do it manually with quickPDF ;-)
About future plans with the PDF/A-specs we should wait for an answer of Rowan and/or Karl from Debenu.

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 08 May 09 at 5:39AM
deabrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deabrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 09 at 6:03PM
Hey guys,

Apologies for the slow response here -- as Ingo says, implementing PDF/A functionality into QPL isn't an 5 minute job for us. But ..... we're keenly aware of the demand for the feature, so I can make an official indication that we're working through what would be required for that process. I will be able to report more detail on this as we proceed.

You may want to sign-up for our newsletter -- you can do this on our home page - http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/. It'll keep you in the loop.

Cheers -Karl
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 09 at 2:24PM
Hi,

Any new information on this one?

Regards,
Jan
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 09 at 3:24PM
Hi!

With each new version all users get a description about the new things.
'Till now there wasn't anything to read in this case ;-)
Like i've told already: That's hard stuff ... in this case we shouldn't count months for waiting ;-)

Cheers, Ingo

JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 09 at 3:38PM
Well, of course I would pay for such functionality. At a reasonable price. Wink And I think I'm not the only one. From my point of view, to implement this would be more attractive for debenu than extending the standard functionality.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 09 at 3:45PM
My opinion is that this is a bit away from a real pdf-library.
You can use QuickPDF for creating a component for PDF/A-conversion.
I think if Debenu will offer PDF/A-functionality then it will be a separate product.

Cheers, Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic