Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EzPDFlibrary infringing Quick PDF's copyright

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EzPDFlibrary infringing Quick PDF's copyright
    Posted: 02 Dec 10 at 2:29PM
Hi Everyone,

We've just been alerted to the fact that a company by the name of LosLab.com is infringing Quick PDF Library's copyright. They have taken the sources, documentation and samples and re-branded them as their own, under the product name EzPDFlibrary. They are now selling this pirated software to unsuspecting customers. This is of course completely illegal.

We're taking the appropriate action against this company (contacting their payment processor, web host and more) but you could be of great assistance to us if you alert anyone you see mentioning the name EzPDFlibrary to the fact that this is pirated software and should not be used.

Quick PDF Library has been under development for 10+ years and to find that some person is trying to steal sales from us (using our product!) and defraud innocent users out there, is quite frankly disgusting.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
- Rowan.
HNRSoftware View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 11 at 1:14PM
Ooops! I wish I had figured this out earlier.  I purchased "their" software last week.  I marvelled at how fast it accomplished difficult tasks and wrote them complimentary emails.  Obviously, I was complimenting the wrong people.  I will be purchasing Quick PDF and starting over.  Oh well... "Live and Learn", but sometimes I do more living than learning.....   Howard
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 11 at 7:25PM
I'm sorry to hear that you have accidentally purchased EzPDFLibrary. They had removed this "product" from their website but it looks like they have put it back up. Some people just don't learn.

Did you purchase via credit card? If so call your bank straight away and they can issue a chargeback for you and you'll be able to get your money back. If you wire transferred them the money it's not so easy.

I will respond to your private support case with more details.

Cheers,
- Rowan.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 11 at 11:28PM
thanks for the idea - I paid with PayPal.  We'll see if their dispute process works.  I feel bad that I liked the product so much and it turned out to be somebody else's wonderful product.  I will buy the "real" library and get back to work.  Howard
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 11 at 7:35AM
Hi Howard!

I've made bad experiences with another company i've paid
via paypal and i've made good experience with the dispute
process. It lasts a bit but in the end i've got my money back
and i think in your case it will be the same so don't hesitate ;-)

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 11 at 8:02AM
Yes, very important to file a dispute with PayPal. At the very least it will stop him from being able to sell to other people using the same account in the future. I have also sent a complaint to PayPal.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 11 at 1:42PM
I will let you know how the dispute proceeds.  I'm a big seller on eBay, but I have never had a dispute before.  Thanks - Howard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 11 at 2:04PM
I filed a dispute with PayPal and they have decided in my favor in less than a week and will be crediting me a full refund of $210.00.  My payment was to SoftStore (might just be front for the pirates - I have never had any actual contact with them).  Paypal didn't provide any details of SoftStore's responses, if any.  I provided Paypal with the payment transaction number, a reasonably succint description of the situation and a link to this blog post - that seems to have been enough.  The refund will go a long ways towards the purchase of the "real" product, which I did and am having a great time programming with it.  Life is good.  Howard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 11 at 2:09PM
I should have also added that the PayPal dispute process is not crystal clear.  After a couple of days from the initial complaint, I had to "escalate" the dispute from "complaint" to "claim".  I think the process assumes that a buyer and seller are both legitimate, but disagree on what was being sold.  It was pretty clear here that the seller sold a pirated product and had no case, so there was no point in waiting for their side of the story.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic