Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

allow comments - Acrobat Reader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: allow comments - Acrobat Reader
    Posted: 06 Jul 07 at 1:10PM

Folks,

i´m trying - without success - to activate the PDF flag "allow comments" to be able to add comments via the acrobat reader ( 7.0 / 8.0 ) . Here´s what i´ve tried:

version 1 :

iSEDUnlockKey( <My key> )

iPerm :=  iSEDPermissions  ( 1, 1 , 1 ,1 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 1  )

iSEDEncryptFile ( "c:\huw.pdf", "C:\huw2.pdf", "", "", 0, iPerm )

version 2

iSEDUnlockKey( <My key> )
 iSEDLoadFromFile ( "C:\huw.pdf"  )
 iPerm :=  iSEDPermissions  ( 1, 1 , 1 ,1 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 1  )
 iSEDEncrypt (  "" , "" , 0 , iPerm )
 iSEDSaveToFile (  "C:\huw.pdf"  ) 

Afterwards when i look at the tabpage "security" the document restriction groupbox still tells me that comments are not allowed, while the content within the "Document security" groupbox now tells me that comments are allowed ?

Am i doing something wrong, or is it simply not possible do unlock the comments property with the isedQuickPdf.DLL

BTW. I´m using the function library version 5.22 

TIA and regards

Charly

Edited by Charly - 06 Jul 07 at 1:11PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 07 at 4:05PM
Hi Charly!

You need at least 40 bit encryption to do this.
Without any encryption you can't set any permissions.
Replace the 0 with 40 or 128 and it will work.

Best regards,
Ingo

Charly View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 07 at 3:15AM

Ingo,

> Replace the 0 with 40 or 128 and it will work.

The function allows 0 or 1 only. 0 defaults to 40 Bit encryption. I´ve also tried  1 ( 128 Bit ), but the problem is still the same. I can´t change the document restriction "comments allowed" flag ... Have you been able to achieve this with Quickpdf code somehow, so the acrobat reader enables its comments/stamp possibilities ?

Here are two hardcopies showing the status after setting the permissions.

1. security tabpage content ( comments keep disabled )

2. document security details ( comments enabled )

regards

Charly

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 07 at 5:30AM
Hi!
So you have already a pdf created with pdf-specs 1.5 or 1.6? QP can't read such documents in a proper way. In this case you should use a tool first "PDFcrypt" and then doing your permission-settings. The tool is developed by Chicks (based on iText) and it's here in our download-section.
Good luck,
Ingo
marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 07 at 10:17AM
Hi there,
as much as I know, the commenting feature is not part of Document Permision settings. The permision property has to do with Digital Signature or at least is present in the Digital Signature feature of PDF Specification!

Best regards, Marian
Charly View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 07 at 2:18AM

Thanks Ingo and Marian,

Ingo, I´ve tried your suggestion. I´ve also tried several other tools found in the Internet - with no success. But i found a hint to the XChange Viewer product. Great piece of SW, and there are no problems to add stamps or notes within their viewer to my PDFs ! Searching their forum i found the following snippet concerning the issue Marian mentioned.

[...]
One other point that should be made and is singuarly the number 1 reason we embarked on creating the PDF-XChange viewer - and that is Adobe products only allow you to mark-up documents created with Adobe certficated (approved) tools - so if you file was created by another - non certificated product - the file could not be marked up as required.
[...]

When the eval fits my needs, i´m sure to buy a ActiceX Viewer SDK licence immediatly ! IMO 1500 Euro ( 25000 end user licences included ) are a very fair price.

BTW. @ Ingo
I´ve downloaded the latest v5.22 DLL Version and read the history.txt. Am i right that the function signatures didn´t change, and no new function was added since the last offical DLL from SedTech ?.  I´m asking, because i´m the one who gave Kevin the advice how the earlier included "iSQP05xxVO.prg" content should look like.

regards
Charly

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 07 at 7:35AM
Hi Charly!

As far as i know in this case there was nothing changed since the last official iSED-version. 'Till now we've made only improvements on internal functions and bugfixing but no new functions.

Best regards,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic